9.8.12

Day... um... what day is it any way?


This lovely photo was taken a year ago...See I don't even know which year it is! In all seriousness, I so wanted this blog to turn into a year ofs. A check in a day to see how I am doing on the vegan front. Not that I don't want to check in daily, it is just that I had the idea two weeks into the project and then I was woefully behind and tried to check in a whole bunch of days in one sitting... the result. Blogger burn-out. Throw in three little kids, a novel in progress, finding a new text book for a class I am teaching, and did I mention three kids off of their camp schedule? You get the picture.

So here I am on day I have no idea what number and I am feeling so much better - minus a Burger King snafu earlier this week I have managed to stay vegan all of last week and all of this week. I was told my a loving relative that the veg burgers at Burger King are vegan. I was so excited that I did not even check for myself. I can tell you 100% for sure there was some dairy in there. And later I realized that there was even some egg... so much for Burger King embracing a plant based diet! - However, that said the sweet potato fries were delish. Even my son liked them. And he is the pickiest eater this side of the Mississippi.

Speaking of which, I stunned two carnivores in our local Indian place the other night. I did not even realize that they could hear me. I was talking to my husband about my father and his asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and other ailments and telling my husband that my dad would be living so much happier on a plant based diet. My husband said that the two aforementioned women nearly fell out of their seats. Luckily, I could not see them, because I think I may have just lectured them on the little friends they were eating. Which leads me to this picture... see cute to feed, not to feed on. Peace out.

No comments: